The rules of this award:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award. Thank you to Sara E Ackerman, Author!
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs.
5. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
My questions for you are as follows:
- Out of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most?
I have been lucky enough to visit many countries and it’s hard to pick a favorite because they all offer something unique. Definite highlights would be Norway and its spectacular Northern Lights, Africa for the safaris and animals, Egypt for its incredible history, New Zealand for its scenery and our very own Australia for its diversity.
My favourite country so far is Germany. Bavaria with its storybook castles (Neuschwanstein Castle) , medieval walled towns (Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber) , the traditional lederhosen clothing, schneeballens, Cuckoo Clocks, Oktoberfest & the Christmas Markets.
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
The most extreme thing I have ever done was dog sledding on a reindeer sleigh ride in Norway – truly magical experiences.
Generally I am way too scared to do something too extreme by choice. The most extreme thing I have done is giving birth to my 3 beautiful daughters.
- If you could take someone with you on your travels, who would it be?
I would always take my husband, and I would also love to take my 19 year old twin sons.
I would always take my husband. My girls are all young adults & have begun to travel overseas on their own.
- If you could give someone $1 million dollars who would you give it to?
I would give the million to my boys to share.
I would share it between my 3 girls.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
I am most grateful for my awesome husband and kids – I am so lucky to have married my soul mate. I would also give an honorary mention to my amazing network of friends.
I am most grateful for my family, my parents, my friends, my health & for being lucky enough to be living in Australia.
- Given the choice of anyone living or dead, who would you choose to have dinner with and why?
I would choose to have dinner with my husband because we always laugh and I can be myself!
Tom Hanks, Barack Obama would be high on my list of people I would like to have dinner with. I think they would both be fabulous conversationalists, with a multitude of stories to tell.
- Give some advice to other bloggers or other blog starters.
My advice to new bloggers is to interact with other bloggers and comment on what you read. Everybody loves feedback on what they write.
I would say the same as what Lis has said above.
- What is the most scandalous thing you have ever done?
The most scandalous thing I have done is steal a crate of flavoured milk that had just been delivered to a milk bar. My girlfriend and I were walking home in the early hours of the morning after being at a nightclub and we decided the milk was a gift left for us. We brazenly walked past Police Headquarters in the city, carrying that crate between us!
I would just like to say that I was not the other girl in Lis’ answer above. Lol The most scandalous thing I have done is being suspended from high school for smoking cigarettes in Year 9. I am happy to say I gave up smoking cigarettes when I was 21.
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
My greatest accomplishment is my marriage and my kids. Closely followed by the publishing of our book, “Mum’s the Word”.
My marriage & raising my 3 girls.
- If you could do any career in the world, what would you do?
If I could choose a career again I would be a teacher, I love kids, or alternatively a Nurse as I love to help people.
I would love to have been a great painter, with an art studio overlooking the sea.
- If you could live one day over again, what would it be and why?
There are so many days that I would live again, but probably the day I found out I was pregnant ; hearing that news after 10 years of trying to start a family is a completely indescribable feeling.
I would choose a day at Easter time, when our girls were very young. I would love to experience seeing their happy young faces again hunting for Easter Eggs in the backyard.
Eleven Random facts about us.
- I love the ocean and can walk for hours on a beach.
- I love knitting and enjoy making arigumi animals which we sell on Etsy: shameless plug www.littleowlsandpals.etsy.com
- I have a fetish for handbags, books and wool. Reading, knitting and shopping being my favorite hobbies.
- My favorite colour is purple; my nails are always purple.
- I love coffee ( especially the first cup in the morning) but I hate coffee flavoured things.
- I love spending time with my friends, most of whom have been in my life for a very long time. Tracey and I have been friends for nearly 50 years.
- I love kids, and love writing our mystery games for kids parties or school classrooms. Shameless plug number 2: www.kidsmysterygames.etsy.com
- I love animals, especially my dog who is a treasured member of our family.
- I have been happily married for 33 years and hope to make it to 70 years – (we would both be in our 90’s.)
- I have twin boys. Twins are awesome and the bond between them is incredible.
- I love chocolate and wine. My favorite evenings are dinner with good friends and wine, topped off with sitting by the fire and having a nightcap with chocolate!
- My husband & I are celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary this month.
- I love going out for breakfast with my husband on Sunday mornings
- We have raised 3 beautiful daughters (now young adults) who we are very proud of.
- I love sitting around a fire chatting with friends. (Lis and I have been friends for nearly 50 years.)
- I love creating things using different mediums, wool, fabric, paint, clay.
- I have a fetish for scarfs, pendants and beanies, I usually wear basic black clothes & dress it up by alternating with coloured scarves.
- I love Vanilla Chai Lattes
- Ever since I was a little girl I have loved lollies, I still do. Sugar is my vice.
- I love seaside beach towns. Especially Mt Martha & Mornington (Melbourne) I love Catseye shells, which Lis & I collected at the beach when we were young. We call them pontoon shells. (They are very hard to find nowadays)
- I love watching TV series with my husband. Eg The Americans, Outlander, House of Cards, Game of Thrones, Broadchurch, the list goes on and on.
- I like shopping in Opportunity Shops & Antique shops.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers. They have unique perspectives on the subjects about which they write and we enjoy reading their blogs. Stop on over and see what they are up to:
These are the 11 Questions for the bloggers we have nominated :
- Who is the person you most admire in the world and why?
- What is your favorite thing to do?
- What climate do you prefer, hot or cold, and why?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live and why?
- What is your favorite book and movie of all time and why?
- What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?
- What is one thing on your bucket list that you hope to achieve in the next year?
- What is your profession, and if you could change it what would you change it to?
- What is your favorite TV series and why did you choose it.
- What is the best holiday you have ever been on and why?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?